in Individual Taxes by
I recently found out that I did not include some of my income on my tax return. What should I do? Answer: You must file an amended tax return: IRS Form 1040X. According to the instructions for Form 1040X, your amended return must be filed within three years…
in Business and Non-Profits by
The Internal Revenue Service today announced a simplified option that many owners of home-based businesses and some home-based workers may use to figure their deductions for the business use of their homes. In tax year 2010, the most recent year for which…
Many things in your life are going to change when you retire but you can count on at…
EFTPS is a system offered by the U.S. Department of Treasury for paying federal taxes…
An IRS lien can remain in place for up to 10 years, meaning you face a decade of bad…
Saving for your retirement allow you to be automatically will allow you to be…
Yes. The requirement to file an income tax return is not determined by whether you owe…
The Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS) is an independent organization within the IRS. We…
Tax Help Videos
- Small Business Ownership Tax Benefits
- Taxes and Penalties and Interest … Oh My!
- I Need Help With My Taxes!!!
- Should You Hire a CPA to Prepare Your Tax Return?
- IRS Wage Garnishments
- Removing an IRS Tax Levy
- How to Get a Tax Lien Removed
- Tax Penalties & Interest
- Top 10 Tax Deductions Often Overlooked
- To Itemize or Not, That is the Question
- College Students, Income Tax and Credits
- Avoiding Income Tax Phishing Scams
- Where is My Income Tax Refund?
- Dirty Dozen Tax Scams for 2012
- Is it Legal to Tax Us?